All Guilford County taxpayers, all residents of High Point or Guilford County, and all current and retired employees of the City of High Point receive library cards free of charge. Other library users should pay the current fee established by the Board for obtaining library cards (currently $40 per year).
- Overdue fines are charged on items that are not returned by the date due. The charge is $0.10 per day per item.
- If you owe fines amounting to $5 or more, your account must be paid in full before materials may be checked out or renewed. Online renewals are also restricted to fines of any amount.
- Those owing $5 or more may not use the library's Public Computing Center, download digital media, or submit Interlibrary Loan requests until the amount is paid in full.
Public Computing Center
- Black and white prints - $0.20 each
- Color prints - $0.40 each
- Flash Drives (4GB) - $5 each
- Copies- $0.10 each
- Only black & white, one-sided copies available
Heritage Research Center
There is no fee to search our High Point Enterprise index for a single obituary. Requests are accepted via telephone, email, or ground mail. There is no search fee to conduct a surname search of obituaries, if you visit the library. The search will be conducted as time allows. The cost of copies requested by phone or email will be determined on an individual basis.
Requests for articles or information from the High Point Enterprise will be accepted if an entry can be located in our index or if a specific date is specified. The index we’ve created includes only stories related to High Point, itself, and with the exception of obituaries, only covers the period since 1997.
We can also search city directories for individual listings (maximum of 5 years searched at one time), or provide copies from local histories, genealogies, record abstracts, and original records on microfilm. We limit remote users to one specific request per contact, one contact per day. If found, a hard copy of the item will be reproduced and mailed at a cost of $2 for the first 5 pages and $0.25 for each additional page, up to a maximum of 20 pages.
Requests for scanned images are limited to one specific item per inquiry, one inquiry per day. A valid email address is required, and scanned images will be processed and sent as an attachment, free of charge, as time allows. Requests for scanned images received on weekends will be filled during the following week.
All returned checks are subject to a $25 fee.
All services and prices are subject to change at any time, without notice, at the discretion of the Library Board of Trustees.