Additional Service Location
Deep River Recreation Center
Placing Holds & Borrowing Materials
You may request to pick up library materials at the Self-Service Lockers at Deep River Recreation Center, located at 1529 Skeet Club Road, by calling the Library at 336-883-3660 or selecting Deep River Recreation Center location when placing holds online.
- Place your hold with Deep River as the pickup location.
- You will receive an email check out receipt, letting you know your items are ready to pick up.
- Items can be picked up any time after 4pm on the day you receive your email check out receipt.
- Bring your library card, you will need to scan the barcode to open your locker. PINs do not work. Library card numbers cannot be manually entered.
- Return your item to the drop box beside the locker.
- You MUST register your email address on your library account to receive email check out slips to use this service.
- Items will be checked out to you once we send the email that they are ready for pickup. Please get them as soon as possible to take advantage of your full loan period.
- Multiple items may be assigned to multiple lockers, each locker will open with your library card.
- Pick up is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The recreation center staff cannot assist with library self service lockers. If you need help or have questions, please call the library at 336-883-3661.
You may return library materials at the walk up drop box at the Deep River Recreation Center. The drop box is located next to the lockers at the left of the recreation center at the concession/restroom building. Returned materials are transported back to the library for processing on a regular schedule and will not be removed from your account immediately, so please return books according to the following schedule to avoid library fines:
- If your materials are due Monday through Friday, return them before 3 p.m. on the due date.
- If your materials are due Saturday or Sunday, return them on the Friday before they are due before 3 p.m.
- Materials returned after 3 p.m. Friday, anytime Saturday or Sunday, or on Monday before 3 p.m. will be processed Monday evening.
- If materials become overdue once returned in the walk-up drops, you will not be able to check out materials at the main library. Materials will accrue overdue fees if not checked in by their due date.
- Overdue fines are $0.10 per day per item.