High Point Parks & Recreation enhances quality of life by providing opportunities through innovative programs, parks and facilities for present and future generations.
High Point Parks & Recreation will enhance the quality of place for residents of all ages and ability levels by providing recreation opportunities, strategic programming and community events that promote strong social bonds, improve health and wellness and celebrate the City's history and character.
- Parkland Vision: To maintain a diverse, inclusive and connected network of parks and amenities reflecting current trends, while preserving the historic natural character of the City's park system.
- Facilities Vision: To maintain a variety of recreation and educational facilities that provide spaces for users to be active, involved and grow within their community.
- Programming Vision: To establish a set of sustainable core program areas that support the recreation needs and facilities developed in the City while defining the High Point Parks & Recreation Department's niche within the market in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Operations & Maintenance Vision: To develop and maintain parks, facilities, trails and amenities throughout the City to meet the needs of the community neighborhoods and visitors.
- Finance Vision: To ensure the Department meets its yearly cost recovery goals and achieves maximum cost benefit of parks & recreation operations for the residents of the City.
Message from the Director
Welcome to the High Point Parks & Recreation website!
The City of High Point Parks & Recreation Department strives to promote passive and active recreational services, parks and facilities that enrich the lives of all residents and promote opportunities for healthy lifestyles. We take great pride in offering quality programs and maintaining the best recreation centers, parks and athletic facilities possible.
There are a multitude of offerings for all ages and levels of fitness! Enjoy camping, golf, and tennis. High Point has beautiful parks, lakes, and Greenways, as well as athletic and exercise programs. Some of our recreation centers offer high quality after school programs. For older adults, check out the fun events at the Roy B. Culler, Jr. Senior Center. For all ages, classes at Piedmont Environmental Center and programs and events at our recreation centers are available year-round - plus much, much more! Please take a few moments to see for yourself how these resources can enrich your life!
It is our privilege to serve the citizens of this wonderful community and hope visitors to our City can also enjoy our wide variety of programs and facilities as well. We welcome your feedback and input. If you have any information to share or any concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Please explore the many opportunities we proudly offer you to "Play, Learn and Enjoy"!
Parks & Recreation Director