The High Point Police Chaplain Team is comprised of professional clergy members who volunteer their services to department employees, their families, and members of the community during times of crisis, sorrow, or conflict. Our Chaplains donate several hundred hours to the community and department each year seeking to lighten the burden of the officers by performing tasks that have a greater spiritual or social nature rather than law enforcement nature. Chaplains are on-call 24 hours a day to assist police personnel with a variety of situations in the field such as:
- Traffic fatalities
- Other accidental deaths
In order to assist officers and members of the community as well, our Chaplains also:
- Respond with the Tactical Team whenever it is activated
- Participate in ride-a-longs with officers
- Conduct station visits on a regular basis in an effort to better acquaint themselves with the officers and their demanding roles.
- As members of the High Point Police Reserves, the Chaplains also assist with various events such as fundraising walks and runs, parades, and other community events.
- Constantly strive to strike a balance between serving the needs of the Police Officers in their personal and professional lives and serving the High Point community at large.
Thank you for your 30 years of service to the citizens of High Point and the High Point Police Dept. Click here to read the Resolution.