COVID-19 Updates: updated 2.17.2021
The continued spread of COVID-19 has caused many changes, in all aspects of our lives and businesses. Parks & Recreation is committed to the health and well-being of our citizens and employees. When using our facilities, please practice safe social distancing practices and follow the 3 Ws (Wait, Wash, Wear).
If you have questions regarding a program registration or rental, please call 336.883.3469.
- Many program areas, such as Special Populations and Seniors, are offering virtual programs.
- Athletic programs and field rental inquiries should call 336.883.3480.
- Recreation Centers are open for programming only. Please call the recreation center directly to inquire about programs.
Playgrounds, Parks, Greenways and Trails
- Playgrounds and basketball courts are open.
- Parks are open sunrise to sunset, unless otherwise posted.
- Greenways & trails - open sunrise to sunset.
- Picnic shelters are available for rentals. Groups will be limited to current gathering limits, regardless of the size shelter.
- The golf courses are open but will only be accepting debit and credit cards; no cash please.
- The grillrooms at Blair Park and Oak Hollow Golf Courses will be open to limited indoor dining. Indoor seating capacity will be limited to 20 people at Blair Park Golf Course and 12 people at Oak Hollow Golf Course. Both locations will continue with outdoor seating and take-out options.
- Carts are thoroughly sanitized between golfers.
- For questions, please call Blair Park Golf Course - 336.883.3497 (pro shop) or 336.883.3496 (grill room) or Oak Hollow Golf Course - 336.883.3260 (course) or 336.883.3491 (grill room).
Oak Hollow Tennis Center and other outdoor tennis courts
- Oak Hollow Tennis Center’s is taking indoor court reservations, made up to 7 days in advance.
- Please bring your own water.
- Outdoor tennis courts are available at Allen Jay Recreation Center, Deep River Recreation Center, Oak Hollow Tennis Center, Oakview Recreation Center, Mohawk Park and Washington Terrace Park.
- For questions, please call 336.883.3493.
- Marina buildings are open to the public. Please plan to pay by debit or credit card only.
- Bank fishing fees are currently waived.
- The bank fishing fees will be reinstated beginning Saturday, March 14, 2021.
- $2 per day for Adults (ages 16-54)
- $1 per day for Youth (12-15) and Seniors (ages 55+)
- Free for children under the age of 12
- Park restrooms are open.
- Boat rentals are available at both locations
- Fishing boats, canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddle-boards are available at High Point City Lake Park.
- Kayaks, stand up paddle-boards and sailboats at Oak Hollow Marina.
- For questions, please call Oak Hollow Marina: 336.883.3494 or High Point City Lake Park Marina: 336.883.3498
- Open for program participants with pre-registration only. The facilities are closed to walk in guests.
- Facility reservations are available for groups up to 10 guests, in rooms that allow for physical distancing.
- High Point Parks & Recreation’s administrative office, recreation centers, Washington Terrace Community Center and Roy B. Culler, Jr. Senior Center will remain closed for walk in guests.