The continued spread of COVID-19 has caused many changes, in all aspects of our lives and businesses. Parks & Recreation is committed to the health and well-being of our citizens and employees. When using our facilities, please practice safe social distancing practices and follow the 3 Ws (Wait, Wash, Wear).
If you have questions regarding a program registration or rental, please call 336-883-3469.
Updates from Executive Order No. 176 - Phase 3, effective November 10, 2020
- An extended After School Explorations enrichment program is being offered at Allen Jay Recreation Center, Deep River Recreation Center, Morehead Recreation Center, Oakview Recreation Center and Piedmont Environmental Center (PEC).
- Piedmont Environmental Center is offering outdoor nature programs to the public.
- Programming will resume at recreation centers on a limited basis. Preregistration will be required, as well as following safety precautions outlined in the Executive Order No. 176.
- Many program areas, such as Special Populations and Seniors, are offering virtual programs.
- Athletic programs and field rental inquiries should call 336-883-3480.
Playgrounds, Parks, Greenways and Trails
- Playgrounds and basketball courts are open.
- Parks are open sunrise to sunset, unless otherwise posted.
- Greenways & trails - open sunrise to sunset.
- Picnic shelters will be available to rent. Groups will be limited to 50 per shelter, regardless of the size shelter.
Update October 27, 2020
- Beginning Saturday, September 5, hours for regular play are:
- Mondays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesdays – Sundays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The golf courses are open but will only be accepting debit and credit cards; no cash please.
- The grillrooms at Blair Park and Oak Hollow Golf Courses will be open to limited indoor dining beginning Wednesday, October 28. Indoor seating capacity will be limited to 20 people at Blair Park Golf Course and 12 people at Oak Hollow Golf Course. Both locations will continue with outdoor seating and take-out options.
- Carts are thoroughly sanitized between golfers.
- For questions, please call Blair Park Golf Course - 336.883.3497 (pro shop) or 336.883.3496 (grill room) or Oak Hollow Golf Course - 336.883.3260 (course) or 336.883.3491 (grill room).
Oak Hollow Tennis Center and other outdoor tennis courts
- Oak Hollow Tennis Center’s regular hours of operation:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Court reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Indoor courts are open.
- Please bring your own water.
- Other outdoor tennis courts are available at Allen Jay Recreation Center, Deep River Recreation Center, Oakview Recreation Center, Mohawk Park and Washington Terrace Park.
- For questions, please call 336.883.3493.
- Marina buildings are open to the public. Please plan to pay by debit or credit card only.
- Bank fishing fees are currently waived.
- Park restrooms are open.
- Boat rentals are available at both locations
- Fishing boats, canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddle-boards are available at High Point City Lake Park.
- Kayaks, stand up paddle-boards and sailboats at Oak Hollow Marina.
- Tour boat rides are available at High Point City Lake Park.
- Pedal boats are not available at High Point City Lake Park.
- For questions, please call Oak Hollow Marina: 336.883.3494 or High Point City Lake Park Marina: 336.883.3498
Oak Hollow Campground open for guests
- The campground is open. Pool and bathhouses are available. Please call 336.883.3492 for information.
- Open for program participants with pre-registration only. The facilities are closed to walk in guests.
- Facility reservations are available for groups up to 25 guests, in rooms that allow for physical distancing.
- Playgrounds and basketball courts will open on Friday, September 4. Shelter rentals and room reservations will begin on September 8, following indoor and outdoor gathering limits.
- High Point Parks & Recreation’s administrative office, recreation centers, Washington Terrace Community Center and Roy B. Culler, Jr. Senior Center will remain closed for walk in guests.
- Amusements, such as the train and carousel at High Point City Lake Park, remain closed.