The Inspections Services Department provides plan review and inspection services for the City of High Point. Our code enforcement officers and review staff work collaboratively with property owners and contractors to ensure the safety and code compliance of building environments and systems. This is accomplished through the reasonable application of the North Carolina Building Codes and the Development Ordinance.
To promote and ensure minimum code compliance in new and existing buildings, while providing excellent customer service.
BuildHighPoint.comTo find the approvals and permits needed for construction and development projects, the key steps involved, and guidance on how to obtain access to the resources you will need, please visit www.BuildHighPoint.com. BuildHighPoint.com is High Point's one-source development guide that helps you navigate the process for developing and building within the City of High Point. It provides guidance for the approval processes needed to take your project from concept to completion. By starting at BuildHighPoint.com you are able to efficiently and effectively plan and coordinate your project from start to finish.
- Can I request a framing inspection before obtaining trade rough-in inspections?
- Can a tenant in a commercial building remodel a space without a general contractor’s license or sealed drawings?
- When are sealed drawings required for existing commercial buildings?
- When is a permit required for improvements to a single family dwelling?
- When is a permit required for improvements to a commercial building?