- Book Clubs & Contests
- Take-Home Kits
- Special Events & Performances
- Story Time & Craft Programs
- Summer Reading Program
- Tween Mixer-A book club for tweens we meet the last Thursday of every month. We have guest speakers, crafts, and activities.
- 1,000 Books-This program encourages families to read 1,000 books with their children before they enter kindergarten. You can sign up here!
- Fall and Winter Elementary School-This program is designed for kids age 5 to 10 to encourage life-long reading habits. Once you've earned enough points you'll receive a completion certificate you can print and share! You can sign up here!
- Fall and Winter Middle School-This program is designed for young readers 10+ to encourage life-long reading habits. Once you've earned enough points you'll receive a completion certificate you can print and share! You can sign up here!
All enrichment kits have a 21-day circulation period. Patrons are responsible for lost or damaged take-home kit equipment. Each kit has an itemized list of equipment and the cost of replacement. Health and Physical fitness kits require a signed injury and damages waiver form.
Available kits and what is included:
- Eco Explorers-Includes everything you need for an outdoor adventure!
- USB cord
- telescoping net
- microscope & telescope
- Motors and Engineering
- Insects & Nature
- Circuits & Electricity
- Fossils & Dinosaurs
- Building & Architecture
- Robotics & Coding
- Simple Machines
- Marble Run & Motion
- Core Classes
- Language Arts
- Enrichment (arts)
- Logic & Puzzles
- Health, Physical Fitness, and Physical Literacy
- Gator Skin Neon Orange Ball
- Bean Bags
- 16’ Long Jump Rope
- 8’ Jump Rope
- Agility Ladder/Cones
- Multi-colored Tennis Balls
- 7” Foam Soccer Ball
- BookWorms Story time-in the Story room. A story time program for children 12-23 months finger plays, rhymes, and stories. No registration required.
- Time 4 Two’s-in the Story room. An active story time for two year olds with songs, movements, rhymes, and stories. No registration required.
- Preschool Story time-in the Story room. A story time and craft for 3-5 year olds. No registration required.
- First Chapter Friday-online only. Not sure what to read. Try the first chapter of a variety of genres with us. For upper elementary and middle school.
- Nintendo Switch Game Club- upper elementary and middle school. Call 336-883-3666 to register.
- Paws to Read-Want to help boost your child’s confidence in reading. Sign them up to read to a four legged, tail wagging, buffy. In the Story room. Call 336-883-3666 to register.
- Yoga for Kids-includes a story and yoga flows. In the Morgan Community Room. No registration required.
- Yoga for families-in the Morgan Community Room. No registration required.
- Culinary Kids-in the Book Lovers' Room. For school age children. Call 336-883-3666 to register.
- STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) in the Story room. Upper elementary and middle school. No registration required
- Lego Club-in the Story room. For K-5. No registration required.
- Garden Club-in the Story room. Call 336-883-3666 to register.
- Children’s Sensory Story Time - Children's Sensory Story Time is a new program that we plan to launch at the High Point Public Library once it is safe to meet again in person. Children's sensory story time is meant to increase community participation in programs and be inclusive for children with special needs including autism, Down syndrome, or other developmental delays. During the program children have the opportunity to socialize with their peers and learn literacy through stories, songs, movements, and crafts.
High Point Public Library Children’s 2022 Summer Reading Program, an Ocean of Possibilities begins on Monday June 7th and will run until July 29th. The Ocean of Possibilities Summer. Children can sign up and pick up a paper-reading log in person in the children’s department.
Alternatively, you can also log your reading online through the Read Squared App. Children that participate can come to the bookmobile and pick up a weekly prize. Once a week they will be entered for a chance to win one of the two grand prizes: a bicycle or a laptop. For further information, please call 336.883.3667.
Summer Reading Program Rules:
Reading Program is open to children birth to 12 years old. Children must read 20 minutes a day and record their reading on their reading log. They can come in once a week including the first week to pick up their Summer Reading Prize. They will also earn one ticket each week to place in a raffle for one of several grand prizes: TBA